Jessie's Recipe of the Week: Drinking Peppermint Chocolate
Merry Christmas Eve everyone! This week, Jessie is bringing to you a simple plant-based drinking chocolate recipe that's sure to be a hit at your next holiday party. It's Upright oatmilk-friendly and has only 5 steps to it - perfect for last-minute party prep. Follow Jessie along in the kitchen to learn how to make these delicious drinks for the holidays and Happy Holidays everyone!
What you'll need:
- Small saucepan
- Serving glasses
- 2 sachets Upright instant oatmilk, original
- 2 cups water (for oatmilk!)
- 1 3.2 ounce non-dairy chocolate bar, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Coconut whipped cream
- Crushed peppermint
- Mix together Upright instant oatmilk and water to create oatmilk
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add oatmilk and cook for about 5 minutes or until warm, stirring occassionally
- Once warm, mix in chocolate and sugar with a whisk until combined
- Remove from heat and add peppermint extract a little at a time
- To serve, pour into serving glasses and top with coconut cream and crushed peppermint if desired!
We hope you enjoyed making this festive peppermint drinking chocolate! Stay tuned for more recipes from Jessie next year!
Recipe adapted from https://minimalistbaker.com/