Jessie's Recipe of the Week: Healthy Banana Bread
This week, Jessie is bringing to you one of her all-time favorites -- a healthy banana bread recipe! Unlike the traditional banana bread recipe, this one is much healthier as it’s made with ingredients like honey, coconut oil, whole wheat flour, and Upright oatmilk!
The best thing about this recipe is that everything can be replaced by other ingredients depending on your diet! If you’d like to make the recipe vegan, simply swap out the honey for maple syrup as well as the eggs with flax eggs. To make this recipe gluten-free, simply swap out the whole wheat flour for the same amount of gluten-free oat flour.
Follow Jessie along in the kitchen to make your own loaf of this scrumptious banana bread!
What you'll need:
- Big bowl
- 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
- Wire rack
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ sachet of original Upright instant oatmilk
- ¼ cup of water (for oatmilk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour
Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
Beat oil and honey together with a whisk in a large bowl. Add eggs and beat well, then whisk in mashed bananas and milk
Whisk in baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until blended. Add flour into mixture until just combined
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and sprinkle light layer of cinnamon
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after inserting into the center
- Let bread cool in loaf pan for at least 10 minutes and transfer loaf to wire rack after cooling to serve!
We hope you enjoyed making this delicious banana bread! Stay tuned for next week's recipe from Jessie!
Recipe adapted from https://cookieandkate.com/