Jessie's Recipe of the Week: Apple Cinnamon Cake
This week, Jessie is bringing to you another fall inspired recipe made with festive flavors like cinnamon and apple! There’s only six steps to this recipe, making it perfect for a sweet, festive treat whenever you feel like one!
Keep reading to make your own apple cinnamon cake!
What you'll need:
- 9 x 13 inch pan
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper (optional)
For apple cake
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 sachet Upright instant oatmilk, original
- 1 cup water (for oatmilk)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups chopped apples
For cinnamon sugar topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 325F. In a mixing bowl, mix together brown sugr, oil, and egg
Create buttermilk mixture by mixing together Upright instant oatmilk and water, then adding white vinegar
- Stir in buttermilk, baking soda, and flour until just combined, then fold apples into batter
- Pour batter into buttered (or parchment paper lined) pan
- Combine cinnamon sugar toppings and spread evenly over batter
- Bake for 45 minutes and serve!
We hope you enjoyed making this easy yet delicious fall dessert! Stay tuned for next week's recipe from Jessie!
Recipe adapted from https://pinchofyum.com/